Frequently asked questions!
How far in advance should I book my session?
- One month in advance for a post-Christmas-February, July, or August session; 2-3 months in advance for a Sept-November, March-June sessions. I'm just a wee bit picky about things being as perfect as possible for my clients. I believe that planning and preparing as much as possible creates room for delightfully unplanned to be ah-maze-ing vs. ah-trocious :)
What is your turnaround time until I can view my images and short film?
- Two-three weeks...depending on coffee consumption, time of year, and other predictably unexpected life events!
Do you mentor other photographers?
- I'm a student...for-evah and always! So I totally understand and respect the passion and desire to learn! Perhaps next year I'll be learn-ed to pass on some of my knowledge to new photographers :)
Do you supply the props?
- Most often I do but sometimes it's a collaboration. I have quite the stash and selection of props, I'm frightfully creative and crafty, and I do have a monthly prop budget allotted for such things. If there's something very specific of particular you're thinking of for a session let me know--I may or may not be able to supply it.
Help! What should I wear?
- I usually recommend staying away from too much black, too much white, or anything matchy-matchy. Wardrobe is something we work together on--I have a whole page dedicated to it in my Client Lounge portion of my website :)
Help! Where should our session take place?
- Again--this is something we work together on. I have a ton of favorite locations and which is best will depend on the time of year, your goals for the session, how old your kiddos are, and what their personalities are like--once you book a session I'll send you a Client Information Form that will start our discussion of which location would be best for you.
When is the best time for a maternity session?
- Generally sometime around the 7th month depending on how you're growing. Ideally the belly will be nice and round but not *too* huge and definitely not uncomfortable.
When is the best time for a newborn session?
- I break newborn sessions up into two parts--posed photos of just the babe in-studio and family images in-home. I like to get the babes in between 5 and 7 days if we're going to be posing them in the studio. Momma needs some rest after that whole birthing process so I prefer to wait until about 14 days old for family images.
Do you supply the newborn props/headbands/hats/blankets or do I need to purchase them?
- Unless there's something *very* particular to you that I don't think I'll use again I probably have, can make, or will acquire any newborn props/headbands/hats, etc for a newborn session (you can thank my mom for giving me crafty genes for that :) ). Definitely do not go out buying anything for your newborn session...bbuuuuttt If you have anything with special meaning, handmade/heirloom pieces or unique blankets, buckets, bowls, etc purty-purty please let me know if advance and we'll work them into your session!
Do you have insurance?
- Absolutely :) Liability, equipment, and indemnity insurance :)